GDPR Data Protection Policy Statement
Streets2Homes aims to always show transparency and fairness in the collection and use of data, and to let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used. We aim to:
1. Make it clear to individuals who register for our services, websites, or publication subscriptions, for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point.
2. Make it clear to individuals who register to access services at the centre, what purpose the information is held, how long it will be held, the right to access, rectify and withdraw.
3. We will only hold data for a given period. If we have had no contact with an individual on our database, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including: clients, staff, trustees, volunteers, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
4. Information held is confidential and will only be used for the purpose it is intended and for which consent has been explicitly granted. (i.e. no sharing data to third parties unless explicit consent has been granted).
5. We will demonstrate where we obtained our data from and the date it was obtained.
6. All subscription services must state that due to the GDPR we need explicit consent that our supporters are happy to be contacted about directly relevant events via email, post or phone. Subscribers who register with us have the option to opt out, withdraw consent and or unsubscribe at any time.
7. Individuals have the right to request information regarding their personal data being held and processed by Streets2Homes at any time. Streets2Homes will process the request within 40 days.
8. We will only process data where we believe there to be a legitimate interest.
9. All staff who are authorised and tasked with collecting and processing data are trained to understand their GDPR responsibilities and obligations.
This policy statement is under regular review and may be adapted pending legislative developments